Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Thoughts on Christmas Movies...

Do you watch Christmas movies 

this time of the year?

I will be the first to admit that I am a sucker for a Christmas movie, but it has to be on the "not-too-cheesy side." Brian and I have a rule. We will tape the movies on Hallmark or Lifetime and we give ourselves 20 minutes to watch. Then we decide if it is a keeper to watch or on the too cheesy scale. We usually agree on which ones should stay or go.

But why is it we watch these movies?Is it because of the spirit of Christmas? For me, this is a big part of it. I love a feel-good story. They always have positive endings, and they make you feel the true spirit of Christmas. On a side note, they really need to come up with some new story lines because they are too often repeated. Brian and I were even brainstorming about some new story lines just for the fun of it.    Is it the Christmas decorations that we like to see in the movies? I love Christmas decorations. I grew up with a lot of them, and we continue that tradition at our house so we are not in short supply them. I do like the old fashion scenes in movies that remind me of my childhood.


Or maybe it’s just because it is that time of the year? This is one that is definitely true for me. I don't like to watch a Christmas movie unless it is Christmastime. Some people like to watch them in July when they have Christmas in July on some TV stations, but not me.I am sure there are other reasons why you watch Christmas movies. Please feel free to share your take on why you watch them.

All the best, always!

Smiles,

Jackie