Thursday, December 5, 2013

A Dream Realized

We all have a dream, some big, some not so big and many in between. Like you, I also have many dreams. I have a big green sheet of paper on which I have written my dream list, and it sits on my night stand. I recite my list of dreams every morning before I get out of bed. It is a way to help me connect with myself, to get in a mode of appreciation and remember my direction before my feet hit the ground and the day is off and running.

A dream of making a difference in the world has been something deep within me that I knew I had to pursue. So exactly how does one go about that? There are books that you can read and success stories that you hear, but I had to ask just what my "it” was. I had to find what would satisfy this feeling in my bones - to find my way of making a difference. It took many years, tears, fears, faith and a Don’t Stop Believin’ attitude to discover it. Something unique, something inspired, something that will make a difference in this world, somehow.

Yes, now it is easy to tell you what my "It” is, my dream realized, my true story. Yea, you guessed it. This is it…Help Your Hero! Now we hold our breath and let the world see what we have been working on - a way for others to find inspiration and also offer inspiration to those that need it.

Though Tracy is not physically here on earth with me, her journey was complete. She left me to complete our mission to pay-it-forward.* I know in my heart that she has been inspiring and helping me from the other side with Help Your Hero and that she is beyond proud. I am sure she is cheering us on with her big smile and fun spirit!

What does the future hold for our dream? Well, that is where our team is always fore thinking. What you see is just the beginning at HelpYourHero.org, and there will be lots more to come. One day, Help Your Hero will be open to everyone (no age limit) that has a medical condition around the world who wants to take on their personal Superhero persona in our Hero-Verse. We will offer interactive games that are inspiring, empowering and healing. And in what we call HYH Unlimited, our hope is that we will help people through their journey with their medical condition in positive and empowering ways. Do I know how all of this is going to happen? Heck no, but what I have learned is that by keeping this vision tight to my heart, we will find a way, not always the way you thought, but a way will be shown, we just need to keep our eyes and ears open to anything when pursuing our dreams.

All the best – Always!
Jackie




*Because many of you may have read Our Story at HelpYourHero.org, I will not repeat it, but if you haven’t read it, be sure to check it out to see why my sister Tracy and I are on this quest, to pay it forward!