Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Keeping Humor and Fun in your Life...

Life cannot always be fun, but keeping your sense of humor can help you through some tough times. Tracy and I would say that this life is not always easy, but without some comedy and sense of humor, boy would this life be even harder.
Tracy loved to have fun and enjoy life and she did that. I remember one time, she went out to eat with her son Austin and then they went back to her condo and played a game. She told him that she had so much fun. He later recounted that story to me and said, "We didn't really do anything special, but she said she had so much fun!" That amazed him. It was a just a night out for no special reason but she knew how to make fun out of the little and big things.
This is one of the biggest things I miss the most about Tracy not being with me in the physical world. We would just be silly and laugh and have fun. Don't get me wrong, I still have a lot of fun in my life. If I did not, Tracy would not be happy. I have to honor her by keeping our fun alive!

Tracy had one doctor who said to us, "Please be the last appointment of the day because I like to sit and just talk to you all." We would tell stories, laugh, talk about things Tracy was experiencing with a funny twist that would catch them off guard, but it was all in how we dealt with things.
When I wrote the letter to my younger self, the last thing that I said was "Most importantly, laugh out loud a lot.” Laughter is the best medicine and it helps make those not-so-easy times a little easier and it makes those easier times a lot more fun!
All the best, always!
Smiles,
Jackie