Monday, March 3, 2014

One of Tracy's final wishes...

I am going to share something with each of you. Very few people know this.

I have been trying for months to honor one of Tracy’s final wishes, with no luck, yet. I thought I would reach out to you all and ask if you would send up a good thought or prayer for one of Tracy’s final wishes to come true…It has proven not to be an easy one, but we know nothing is impossible!

For years, there was one person that helped to put a smile on Tracy’s face no matter what was going on. I wish I could say it was me, but it was not. It was Ellen.

Ellen, I don't think you need her last name, but in case you don't know who I am talking about - yes, it is Ellen DeGeneres - a very funny, giving person who made a difference in Tracy's life and she does not even know it, yet!

Ellen made Tracy crack up laughing even when times were so tough. While going through her chemo treatments, when she walked into the St. Elizabeth Cancer Care center, the great nurses would turn the channel to the Ellen show (if it was on at that time) just for Tracy. They knew it would make her smile and laugh out loud.

The last year of her 21-year journey through cancer was really tough, but Ellen was always a bright spot in her day.

For years, Trace would say, "When Ellen finds out what you are doing Jack to pay it forward, she is going to want to have you on her show." I would laugh and agree and tell her that she needed to come with me. She told me that of course she would go - she wanted to dance and sing with Ellen. I knew that Trace had a wish for me and Help Your Hero, but I did not know she was trying to make it come true. Her wish was for me to be on Ellen's show so we could reach the families that have children with medical conditions and they could find out all about Help Your Hero from Ellen.Tracy would even wonder how Ellen would introduce us and Help Your Hero and what song would played. I told her, "Of course it would have to be Don't Stop Believin' because that is your theme song."
After Tracy passed onto Heaven I found one of her final wishes on her laptop - a letter she started to Ellen that was never finished or sent. It was dated January 7, 2012 at 12:16 p.m.Tracy went into the hospital on February 25, 2012 and never returned home until she went to heaven on Mom’s birthday May 24, 2012.

I know that Ellen loves to help people and I hope that she will help us honor one of Tracy’s final wishes. It is a wish that will help us pay it forward with Help Your Hero and it has the potential to become one of the greatest pay it forwards ever. Ellen’s been all over the news since her Oscar selfie shut down Twitter’s server with 2.5+ million retweets. Can you imagine the families that we could reach through her?

Thanks for your help in sending up good thoughts and prayers! I have even sent her a cheesy short video telling her about Tracy and her wish, so hopefully with all this together,Tracy’s wish will be granted!
 
All the best, always!
Smiles,
Jackie